Hemp (Cannabis Sativa) is an annual herb with a stem growing to a height of 1-4 meters. The plant is covered with tiny hairs. Perianth is pale green. The blossoms are arranged in panicle and dense spike-liked panicle. The herb blooms in June and July. Fruit is gray-brown in color and up to 6 millimeters long nutlet. Hemp is essential fibrous and oil plant. It has been cultured for more than 6000 years.
You should collect hemp tops during the fluorescence of the herb or tops of the female hemp plant just before the moment they grow ripe. You can collect ripe fruits, as well.
- Hemp fruits contain 30-38 percent oil rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and oleic acid. In addition, fruits contain proteins, amino acids, alkaloid, vitamin K, carbohydrates, lecithin, choline and other biologically active substances.
- Hemp tops contain phenols (cannabinol, cannabidiol, cannabichromene) and a bit of resinous substrates with varied content of cannabinoids.
- The herb has anodyne, sedative and anti-inflammatory action. Cannabinol is a weak pain-killer. Cannabichromene and cannabidiol acid have sedative action and treatment inflammation.
- Hemp is used only in folk medicine. Pestle a tablespoon of hemp seeds and mix the powder with a glass of water to get hemp seed milk. You should drink the milk in case of renal diseases, cystitis, phthisis, urine retention in children and prostatitis. Moreover, it can be used to increase breast milk supply and as a tonic remedy to fight exhaustion.
- Infuse hemp seeds with ethanol and use the tincture as a diuretic remedy in case of renal infection, ureter inflammation and prostatitis. You can make a decoction, as well. Infuse a tablespoon of the fruits with a glass of water and boil the infusion for 15 minutes. Afterwards, let the decoction brew for some time and drink the decoction within a day in three equal portions.
- Mix a glass of granulated hemp seeds and a glass of granulated pumpkin seeds. Infuse the mix of herbs with 3 glasses of boiling water. Let the infusion brew to get a compound tea. Drink it within a day in three equal portions to treat prostatitis and inflammation of urinary bladder.
- Pestle hemp fruits and put hot paste on breeze and inflated induration.
- Hemp tops with leaves are used for heating compresses and bandages to treat bone fraction. In addition, you can use them to prepare a medical bath to deal with rheumatism and gout.
- Pestle tops and leaves to get hemp juice. It is proven to be great laxative remedy.
Source by Arta Marta